METC ISTE affiliate Info
As a program of EducationPlus, the Midwest Education Technology Community (METC) ISTE affiliate is dedicated to assisting the education community through support, promotion, and leadership in the effective use of educational technology. Established in 2010 and consisting of educators from the Missouri area and beyond, METC invites anyone in education to join our collaborative community.
Cost to join the Midwest Education Technology Community:
- Employees of EducationPlus Member Districts: It is FREE to join the METC if you are employed by a EducationPlus Member District
- Employees of EducationPlus Non-Member Districts and Schools: Annual fee of just $40 per person. Sign up today.
Benefits of joining the METC:
- Discounted prices on professional learning and resources throughout the school year
- Special invitation to METC Members Only events during the school year
- Learn and Network with METC members across Missouri and beyond
Expand your Professional Learning Network through ISTE Professional Learning Networks (PLN's are formerly SIGs or Special Interest Groups)
Entry to the METC online community where you can access resources and network with others
- Receive METC eNewsletter
- METC Conference Registration Discount = EducationPlus member pricing, approximately 25% savings
- METC Conference Bookstore Discount = 10% - 20% savings
- Special Invitation to METC Members Only Events
- Special Recognition during Keynotes & on Name Badge
The METC ISTE affiliate will present the winner(s) of the Making IT Happen award at the conference. “Making IT Happen” is an internationally recognized awards program for educators and leaders in the field of educational technology integration in K–12 schools. The Making IT Happen award is sponsored by the Pearson Foundation.
2014-2015 METC Making IT Happen Winners
|Fall 2014 Winner
Spring 2015 Winner
|MIH Winner Troy Hogg, Benton STEM Elementary School in Columbia Public Schools||MIH Winner Andrew Wall (center) of Harvest Ridge Elementary in Francis Howell School District
with Stephanie Madlinger (left) and Jen Tiller (right) of EducationPlus
- Outstanding Teacher
Recognizes and honors one teacher who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and leadership in implementing technology to improve education.
- Outstanding Leader
Recognizes and honors one leader who has demonstrated outstanding achievement and leadership in implementing technology to improve education.
- Outstanding Young Educator
Presented to an outstanding young educator (under the age of 35) who demonstrates vision, innovation, action, and transformation using technology to improve teaching and learning.
Contact the METC Director, Stephanie Madlinger for more information.